Assetto Corsa Round 2 Silverstone GP

Discussion in 'Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Campionato' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  2. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I'm a bit ill but I will try to race. So it's possible I pull aside at any time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

MERDE! I mis-calcultated on the start time and missed Q and the race start. Sorry. My bad...

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Victor Roldugin

Victor Roldugin Pro Driver

Still having troubles with clutchless downshifting, especially from 3rd to 2nd. 15 minutes of race everything was ok and then I made mistake at last braking zone. After first damage time gearbox becomes very fragile and probability of new missshift is growing exponentially. Second half of race i had to heel-toe to finish the race. o_O

5. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

Once again, my apologies for missing the round. My math skills let me down converting GMT to EST. Pity, too, as I was cutting 2m30s laps comfortably. Quite astonished to join the server and find the race underway by a good 7-8 minutes. I would have thought it impossible to join a race already in progress.

6. Ken Jagger

The server is set that way to allow disconnects to get back into the race. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

Yes the gearing on these cars can be tricky on the downshift from 3rd-2nd if you don't get the revs right. It is possible to blip the throttle to smooth that, even with clutch-less paddle shifting.

8. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

If we were running normal 100% damage, it would even prolly be impossible to gearshift without clutching, which just would be.. normal I guess.

Race report :
    Very nice battles here with Jos, Victor, Paul, James... Fought roughly half of the race with Victor, very clean and fair ! :) He prolly deserved the podium but I've been pretty lucky.

A bit of a shame that we were far less drivers for this 2nd opus, hopefully Doni and maybe others will be there for next one ! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver Donator

Congrats to all, specially to Tim, Laurent and Maxime for the pondium finish :) I though that i could be a bit more competitive in this race, but i was by far the slowest car on the track.. I didnt have much time to set up the car, i tried to do some changes but i had a massive understeer that turned at oversteer specially when i was pressing the brakes, so my car was quite undrivable for my style.. Except that, i spent about one and a half minute at pit stop cause of my mistake, so the result of being last was quite expected.. Seems that cars like this, cant be driving easy with a joypad, the steering its very sensitive to make corrections, its much easier for me the front wheel driving cars.. Anyways even if i finished last and oversweated (as we saying at Greece :p), i enjoyed it a lot :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Laurent Londes

You drive with a joypad ? That must be really hard I can imagine ..

Thanks for moving over so nicely !

• Like Like x 1
  11. Laurent Londes

Started the race from P3. Dropped the revs a bit too much again .. Jos had a good start once more, I'm starting to suspect him to use auto-clutch :) He was slightly in front, I tried to get around the outside in T3, he pushed me wide but I kept the inside for the next corner and got ahead. Davide made a mistake and spun and I could claim P2. Lonely race from there on really. Sorry I couldn't push you Tim. Tim is able to drive on the limit all race. Well, almost since he made a mistake in this one :) I have a deficit of about 0.5+ seconds per lap at the moment. I'm hoping to close the gap someday :) Davide always drives on the limit as I have seen him race, but also goes over the limit now and then and with this car it is punishing for sure. If I was to drive on the limit I know I would make errors as well so I try to go maybe 98% and keep it on track.

12. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

I can assure you Jos doesn't use auto-clutch, just have a look at his huge amount of very well done videos on his youtube channel. He loves true classic driving. :rolleyes:

13. Laurent Londes

I stand corrected then !! Great start Jos ! Where can I find the channel ?

14. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  15. Laurent Londes

Thanks ! He is not kidding around !! Let's fix my comment by saying he knows how to properly clutch for a race start :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Vasilis Doumanas

It is hard believe me, specially when i want to do corrections... A used G25 or G25 logitech wheel is on my near plans, we will see.. Until then i will fighting with my joypad :p

It was useless to defend myself, i was 1 lap behide, would be unsportsman behavior if i slowed you down..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

:eek: auto-clutch!? Lol... I've seen the rest of the comments. No offense taken ;)
    Yes, I was a bit wide on T3, sorry :(.

Thanks to the organisers for putting this together. It would be great to get more populated grid but we'll get there.
    @Maxime Tendil Thanks for sharing my channel details and letting me know about the forum.
    I've now uploaded the race to my youtube channel:

I hope you like watching bits of it. Particularly the beginning where there is more action... There are a few race incidents that completely spoiled my race but, hey, that's racing. Hope next time I'm more lucky and can fight with Maxime... He is a notch up my level, so a good target for me. In this one, I was glad to catch Paul at the end... Particularly after the early race action... :D

All the best and see you at the next race!

• Like Like x 3
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  18. Vasilis Doumanas

I already subscribed, its a pure pleasure to watch you driving, really :) Can i ask what wheel, shifter and pedals you are using Jos?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Thanks Vasilis. I use Leo Bodnar’s SimSteering System V2, the SHH shifter and Heusinkveld ultimate pedals. Quite a combination!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Vasilis Doumanas

Oh dear i just saw the price of Leo Bodnar’s SimSteering System V2... 2.900 pounds?! Its a DD for sure isnt it? :)

• Like Like x 1