1. Test Race: rFactor 2 Endurance Pack series, Sunday Aug. 19 20:20 BST.   Click here for race info.
    Dismiss Notice

Renault RS.01 Sport Trophy Series Info

Discussion in 'Renault RS.01 Sport Trophy' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member SRO Team Member

AC Renault RS.01 Banner.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I might sign up for this although there are 3 tracks I don't like. Well, 2 track actually. The 3rd depends on the layout
    And if anyone knows how to get that stupid understeer out of the car, please let me know :rolleyes:

3. Ken Jagger

Tracks too much of a challenge for you Roy? :rolleyes: They do separate the Men from the Boys :D

When I tried the cars I think I just adjusted my steering lock and stiffened the rear ARB, which helped enough to get a feel for the car.

4. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Hehehe, Its just that Macau is no racetrack in my view. Half of the track is so narrow that in a real race cars are not allowed to overtake.

Say what now? Where do you adjust steering lock in AC? In GTR² that was possible, but in AC? o_O

5. Ken Jagger

OK probably my mistake in that I meant Steering Rotation rather than Steering Lock, in the sense of the amount of steering angle available in the rack.

6. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Haha, you almost had me thinking there was a secret setup thing in AC I didn't know about :p
    But changing the steering rotation does nothing to get extra steering. I must say that this thing understeers more than a brick on wheels. :rolleyes:

7. Ken Jagger

If you reduce the amount of rotation for the wheel, for a given setting of steering rack, then you will turn the steering quicker.

8. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I usually have the rotation set at 360°. so there is almost nothing to gain there. Ah well, I'll just have to adjust the driving style then.
    It will be Driving Miss Daisy in the corners :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

Have you tried stiffening the rear suspension with ARB, springs, shocks?

10. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Yeah, did it all. It might be because I had a GT3 endurance race last sunday using a BMW M6 GT3 which has ample steering. Did about 1200km during practise and the race, so it might have "blurred" my view a bit.